Friday, January 02, 2009

A look at the Victoria Times in 2008

Rather than some long drawn out year in review, here are links to the three best or most important posts of every month last year.

JANUARY

Who had the first post of the year? Steve.

Steve and I blew up college football, simmed the entire season and found Ohio State fit as the national champion. (hint, we will do this again very, very soon. Like tomorrow.)

Johan Santana was traded.

FEBRUARY

I liveblogged the Super Bowl. It sucked. (the blog, not the game)

I had oral surgery, and we had a sub!

I went to Louisiana.

MARCH

I went to Alabama.

I called Mike Lamb "consistent"

We started a long, mostly incorrect MLB preview.

APRIL

We had a little April Fools fun,

The highest traffic post in our history.

Links of the Day starts. A nation collectively shrugs and moves on.

MAY

Beth also went on vacation.

I was fashion conscious.

Steve got married. There were more guest posts.

JUNE

This thing still makes me laugh.

The Yankee's sucked, but they didn't finish the job.

Tim Dierkes of MLBtraderumors gave us a hand with some Twins rumors. Nothing was done.

JULY

The Milwaukee Brewers temporarily became rather obese.

Steve took the research one step further.

I met Tony Dungy!

AUGUST

We're OK in China!

Steve's extensive report on baseball efficiency.

We did all our best work in August at the beginning of the month. Great post by Beth.

SEPTEMBER

Steve and I did really poorly with our NFL previews.

I'm still undecided.

I took in an NFL game.

OCTOBER

Twins lose.

Cliff Floyd mania.

I finally used the archived "Chris Columbus" tag

NOVEMBER

We all played GM.

In what is an annual tradition, I pissed off Oregon.

We picked new helmets for Purdue.

DECEMBER

Beth reminds us all that MLB is in it for the cash, not the baseball.

Nick Punto was resigned. It made me angry.

The NFL doesn't make everyone happy.

Thanks to everyone for reading, and here's to an awesome 09!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home