Monday, November 17, 2008

Oregon Uniform redux

Well. We've had some fun today, huh? After my post this morning got noticed by a Ducks news board, I started getting some angry comments. Then, it got picked up by a few other sites (I'd like to thank The Big Picture, Deadspin, Sparty and Friends, Awful Announcing and Fan IQ) and various commentors intermixed with the Ducks fans, and, well, hilarity ensued. First, I thought this nonsensical comment would be the most hilarious. Huge Duck? Doctor Phil?
But then this happened. An anonymous fellow reminded us of his favorite Family Guy quote. It came from the episode written by Voltaire, of course (too many fart jokes - Steve). This led to a few more comments, relaying favorite quotes from other TV shows (my favorite was this one from Andre Roussimoff). After some rehashing some favorite college memories, it deteriorated into the typical internet debate that will likely solve all of our problems and set forth foreign policy in the Obama administration.
Anyways, I feel the need to respond to these comments en masse. If you needed a response, you may find it here:

1. Yes. if that is your tradition, than yes.
2. Because I am an American in a democratic society. On this matter, it only matters so much as you read it and left a comment.
3. No, but I'm not required to wear a "uniform" either.

That being said, a common theme was that Ducks fans enjoy the changing of their uniforms. Therefore, I decided to try to identify with Ducks fans, because as Cindy Brady once said, "united we stand, and divided we fall." In this Ducksian sprit, I have amassed my substantial paint skills and put together three alternate helmets for my Purdue Boilermakers to try next year. For reference, this is what we wear presently.

So, here are the three poorly designed alterates I came up with, with a poll on the bottom for you to pick your favorite:

Helmet 1
Helmet 2
Helmet 3

If you have any other ideas, let me know in the comments (also, I want railroad tracks instead of stripes on the pants) and vote away

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go black, but put a gold facemask on that hat!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, a Purdue fan. Now I get it. Sorry about initiating the collapse of your season....

11:55 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Purdue would have sucked with or without Oregon, my anonymous friend. I'm more upset that Oregon kept Purdue in it for so long.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home