Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Twins have money to burn

The St. Paul Pioneer Press recently reported that the Twins had 22 million dollars to burn. With today's signing of Livan Hernandez for 5 million, that leaves 17 mil to throw around. What can they do with all that money? Well, I have some suggestions.

- Veteran center fielder, like Kenny Lofton or Corey Patterson to give the youngsters more time to develop.

- Coupons to Old Country Buffet for Livan and Boof Bonser.

- Create a series of instructional videos teaching Nick Punto the fundamental physics of why it's a bad idea to dive into first base. Swimmers dive into the pool because they need to become horizontal. Nick Punto needs to stay upright and run through the base.

- Create a series of instructional videos teaching Nick Punto how to hit.

- Find a nice home for Carl Pohlad.

- Anger management sessions for Delmon Young.

- A third catcher (submitted by Ron Gardenhire).

- Pay for Justin Morneau's wedding.

- Pay for my wedding.

- Find someone willing to marry me.

- Get new "Third place in the AL Central" team rings.

- Johan Santana. (Crap.)

- Steroids for Alexi Casilla

- A bribe so MLB looks the other way.

- Trips home for Joe Mauer.

- And Glenn Perkins.

- And Pat Neshek.

- A vowel for Kent Hrbek

- The entire Pittsburgh Pirates roster.

All of these are good ideas.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt G said...

I can honestly say that Minneapolis is the most buffet-happy town of any place I've lived.

Maybe the Twins can lure David Wells if they put him on the "buffet a day" plan.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Boof is supposed to lose weight. I don't think trips to Old Country Buffet will help him. And I'd be happy to donate one of the excess vowels from my last name to Hrbek.

7:32 AM  
Blogger thisisbeth said...

I loved when someone (probably Batgirl) had commented, "When are Doug Meintkiewicz and Kent Hrbek going to get together to exchange batting tips for vowels?"

I think they should give money to me. I'm sure I can find a good use for it, but nothing crazy like taking over the world. Don't even think about that..

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home