Sunday, February 03, 2008

WOW


I'm not often given to superlatives, but this game certainly is up there as one of the greatest Super Bowls ever. Think of all the stories that will be retold for years.
- The mighty Patriots are felled by the up and coming Giants.
- Eli Manning comes to the Super Bowl a year after his brother makes his first trip (and earns his first victory).
- Eli Manning struggles early, but turns his team around and reels off an improbably run, getting the Giants to the Super Bowl.
- Manning leads the Giants on one of the greatest comeback drives ever, including phenomenal plays (that David Tyree catch is probably the best play I've ever seen).
- The Tom Brady led Patriots were at the Giants 20, down by 4, and Steve IMed me to say that the Giants had a .000002% chance of winning the game. There was still a chance.

I think, more than anything, this game will serve to make those mediocre Giants immortals. They play in New York. They stepped up in the playoffs and became unstoppable. They played in the best Super Bowl this decade. I can't believe that I was lucky enough to be around to see it.

UPDATE: If you had any question what play I was talking about, it was this one. Thanks to Ric-S for the tip.

Photo courtesy Fox Sports

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Unreal! I wish I could have seen the whole thing, I just caught the last quarter, but I think that was all I had to see. Great job G-Men!! Patriots....choke...you picked the wrong time to get your first loss, oops, maybe next year! One of the greatest games/upsets ever!!! Oh and Coach Belichick has to be one of the biggest crybabies, storming off the field like he did. Yeah he is a great coach but a shitty human being.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home