Friday, February 08, 2008

Surviving February

Before I get started, i wanted to extend a special thank you to Kevin from Barry Melrose Rocks and the AOL Fanhouse for swinging by and picking up the slack while I was under the knife on Wednesday. Then a sick Beth stepped up and completed her regularly scheduled post. Heck, you haven't seen me since Monday! Sorry to ruin that streak.
Anyways, with the surgery, I learned that I am fairly anesthesia resistant, and they took twice as much to knock me out as usual. However, I also learned that Vicodin is pretty awesome. I have also established that there is only so much chocolate pudding a guy can take, and I'm really looking forward to a nice cheeseburger some time in the near future.
We're entering the time of year when all that we have to watch is hockey or basketball, unless you are into racing, which, admittedly, in February, I can be. Big Daddy Drew gives us solace in the fact that we don't seem to watch those sports that we like, but we still know whats going on. I do have a tough time sitting through entire games, especially when there are three on at the same time, and its on a weekday evening when there is other excellent programming on. And oh yeah, I tend to work from 2-10 in the afternoon. I'm pretty good at following scores on the computer, and I constantly check blogs for my favorite teams so i know exactly what I should be feeling, but really, how many sports do I sit down and watch? I'm pretty much tapped out until March. I'm not proud.
I will, of course, be sitting down to watch a basketball game in Monroe, Louisiana next Saturday, however, so don't forget that.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Freeze the pudding packs. They taste great frozen.

Also? 2 Swarm games this weekend. Hooray lacrosse!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My picks for the top 5 finishers in the Daytona 500

1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
4. Matt Kenseth
5. Denny Hamlin

Yay February!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home