Wednesday, February 13, 2008

See you in a couple weeks


Well, kids, its that time. It's time for me to go away for a while. I'm going to watch some college basketball in Louisiana this weekend (speaking of college basketball, how about those Purdue Boilermakers, huh?) and I'm not going to be back in the saddle regularly until next Friday. Beth will have her two regular posts tomorrow and next Thursday, and Steve will try to post as often as he can. Assuming I can find a hotel with decent internet, I'll try to get up a recap Saturday night. You won't be in too bad shape, I don't suspect.
In the meantime, how about a little update on the two teams I'm seeing Saturday night, the Denver Pioneers and the Louisiana-Monroe North Dakotans Warhawks. After a tough two game road trip, including a 71-33 loss at South Alabama, the Pioneers have won 3 of their past four and sit at 5th in the Sun Belt. Forward David Kummer continues to lead the team with 11.6 points a game, but everyone on their thin roster continues to contribute in some way.
The Warhawks have managed to climb their way out of the conference cellar, and are now a half game ahead of Troy State. They recently snapped a three game losing streak by defeating New Orleans in New Orleans. Additionally, they were featured on ESPN, getting trounced by South Alabama. Having seen that game, I now have a decent feel for the arena, Fant-Evans, and the team. They are a little jerky and had a tough time getting into a flow. They rely a little too much on the jump shot, especially since they aren't a particularly good shooting team. Still, their leading scorers, the trio of Tony Hooper, Jordan Payne and Jonas Brown are all guards.
So that's it. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon. We're taking a rental, and I feel like I'm fated to a Chevy Malibu, the gray of the automotive color wheel. Better than driving my car until the wheels come off, I suppose.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home