Monday, November 21, 2011

It's disconcerting that Oregon has started a trend


I will admit that as a 28 year old, I am not really up to date on the trends of the world, or what is fashionable with the kids. I expressed my outrage with the Oregon Ducks and their stupid uniforms several times, starting in 2007, much to the ire of the Oregon Ducks faithful. I commented on their addition of wings to their stupid uniforms, and that opened the floodgates.
Well, now everyone is doing the "new uniform for every game" thing, and a lot of them, to me, look really, really bad. Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Minnesota and Maryland are teams that come to mind with the whole uniform change up thing. Even the Wyoming Cowboys uniform is a mystery from game to game. So, I was wrong, Oregon's changing uniform thing caught on, and now everyone's doing it.
What I do know, however, is that I was right on one thing. My hits go up by the hundreds every Saturday because people come to my site after searching for "Oregon" and "Annoying". People agree that they are annoying! It's probably the wings, and that other teams generally keep to the teams' original colors when they change up the uniforms. And the other teams actually match when their uniforms are changed. So, yeah, the Ducks are still annoying, and other teams did the changing uniform thing much, much better than Oregon. (But Oregon is still better than Maryland!)
But what do you expect from a university that produces fans that leave comments on blogs like this
"While I disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it (Family Guy)." 
What do they teach at Oregon, if it's not fashion, history or theology?

(In case you were wondering, this post is because they site traffic went up almost 1000% when Oregon played USC on Saturday. Awesome)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home