Friday, November 18, 2011

Welcome to the AL, Houston

I love that the Astros are in the American League now. I think it's good for the superficial reasons: it balances the leagues, I like the idea of playing more interleague, but there are a couple of things that I like that are a little less obvious than those things.
I think this will mean that picking a team with the best record going into the World Series to have home field advantage is a more legitimate option, because there is so much crossover in opponents. Additionally, the idea of the Twins opening on the road at some unique. National League city (for the birthday game) is tremendously appealing. All in all, I really like the move by MLB.
What I DON'T like is the added playoff teams. One game playoffs? Bye rounds? It just doesn't seem right. It waters down the playoffs. People already don't like the length of the season, and it just drags things on further. Not my favorite thing.
But I'm really hoping the Twins start the 2013 season in Miami.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home