Thursday, September 08, 2011

Cooking with Ryan: Hashbrown Casserole

This is actually the second time I have made the hashbrown casserole, and despite how well it turned out, I'm not going to show a picture. There are two reasons: 1) I made a tweak that was, while delicious, not all that pleasing to the eye and 2) I forgot.
What was the change? I thought the casserole needed something crunchy on top, so I threw some Italian bread crumbs on top before I threw them in the oven. It didn't crunch up like I hoped, but it did add another dimension of flavor that I was pleased with.
Also, I had a vegetable medley that went a long with it... Broccoli, cauliflower and radishes. I steamed them (in the microwave) with Italian dressing, dill and pepper. They turned out really well. I have never had broccoli absorb flavor like that. It was pretty good. It was a successful mission, and by making my own changes, I think I moved one step closer to "someone who knows how to cook".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home