Saturday, September 03, 2011

Ahhh college football

Football. Gives you the warm fuzzies, no? Anyways, without real interpretation, and wanting to give you some substance, here are my predictions for the Big 10 and then the BCS bowls:
Leaders
Wisconsin
Penn State
Ohio State
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue (Purdue is so bad, you guys)
Legends
Michigan
Nebraska
Michigan State
Northwestern
Minnesota
Iowa

I went a little crazy in the Legends conference, didn't I? I just wanted to be different.... Anywho, here are the BCS bowls (oh, and Wisconsin wins the Big Ten championship)
Keeping in mind, I think that, in the past, the Victoria Times sim has done an excellent job prognosticating breakout teams the following year, there might be a surprise in here for you.
Rose Bowl: Florida State-Wisconsin
Fiesta Bowl: Georgia - Texas A&M
Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech - Louisville
Sugar Bowl: Alabama - Michigan
BCS Championship: Oklahoma - Stanford

I am predicting Georgia to win tonight and Boise State, despite their talent, to be shut out from the BCS. Major conferences would be more than happy to let a 2nd ACC team in rather than Boise State. Michigan, I think, will need only the most tenuous grasp on BCS eligibility to get invited because they travel so well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home