Saturday, December 08, 2007

Audience Participation: what team have you always hated?

I think I'm going to start up a new little feature here on Saturdays, particularly for those days when I have nothing else to particularly talk about. Here's how it will work. You'll click over to the Times and see that "Audience Participation" is the first two words of the title of the post. It's convenient, because that's what I'm calling this little feature. So, you'll see the "Audience Participation" and then you'll see a question after it. This is where you come in. You go to the comments and you answer it! I'll start in the body of the post, and then you take over from there. Sound cool? I hope so, because I've got nothing better to write about today.
So, what team do I hate, and have I always hated (thats the key, the always hated. Nobody hated the Patriots until recently)? I've always hated the Indiana Hoosiers basketball team. I've been pretty indifferent to their football team, but even before I went to Purdue, I just couldn't stand the basketball team. I didn't like the coach, Bobby Knight, I didn't like them because they played the Gophers and seemingly always beat them (I miss Jim Shikenjanski), and I didn't like their logo, which I thought looked like a pitchfork, and being a good Catholic Boy, I did not approve. What about you? What team (in any sport) have you always, always hated?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I've always hated the Chicago Cubs and Notre Dame. Never been much of a Bears fan either. If I was more passionate about the NBA, I'd throw the Detroit Pistons on there too. There's been some other teams I've hated for several years, but only because of rivalries with my favorite teams. They include: Cleveland Indians, Minnesota Twins, Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, and New York Knicks. I liked Indiana basketball and Bobby Knight as a little kid, but now I have to hate them forever.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

University of North Dakota (for all sports), the Yankees and the Packers.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I've started following Division III football closely (1999), it's been Bethel, easily. But for as long as I can remember, I've loathed the Cowboys. I guess I hate them less now than I did back when they were winning all those Super Bowls, but I still am not a huge fan. I really hated their audacity in calling themselves "America's Team." I also hate the fact that Michael Irvin, who is terrible at speaking English, has been in a significant position in broadcasting for a substantial amount of time.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Notre Dame, the Yankees and the Rangers. Always been pretty hostile towards all of them. THey're all just really really annoying. I imagine that if I lived up north, the TML might piss me off

10:45 PM  
Blogger thisisbeth said...

Yankees, Packers.

7:41 AM  
Blogger PJS said...

We all miss Jim Shikenjanski!

As for what team(s) I can't stand: Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins (I've moved out to DC, and the arrogance of these fans is unbelieveable. It makes sports talk radio unbearable.

Also, it's hard not to hate the Patriots, Yankees and Red Sox right now.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home