Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Well, what have I learned?

Yesterday was... interesting, to say the least. To review: I wrote a quick, stupid little post on the Oregon Ducks and their uniform combinations this season, thanks to having Nike giving them a sizable R&D bonus from Nike, as well as donations that help the school thrive. It's why they try out so many new things and wear so many different uniforms.
In any case, I decided to take a look-see at just how many uniforms they went with this year after watching them in their Civil War game against Oregon State and seeing the uniforms they had on in that game, as well as a completely different uniform in some highlights. I called it annoying, because it seems like it is. I like a little consistency in my teams' apparel, but that's just me. Perhaps I over stepped my bounds.
Duck Sports News linked to that post, and it was the busiest day ever here at the Times. We've received four hundred visitors since 6pm last night, which is about considerably more than usual, to say the least. Most of them are Oregon fans, if I'm correct in my reasoning, and a lot of them are pissed off. I was called "annoying", "whiny", and an "idiot blogger". I have no quarrels with that. I probably deserve it.
In any event, I learned a few things. First, any post could suddenly be read by hundreds of strangers, so I better be on my best behavior (even if being mean is a lot funnier).
Second, Oregon fans organize quickly if they spot something they don't like.
Third, Oregon fans are very protective of their schools quirky uniform trends.
Fourth and last, I probably shouldn't plan on visiting Eugene any time soon.
I can't wait for Beth to come in and bring a little bit of friendship and happiness back to the Times on Thursday.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are still my friend Ryan. I liked the blog, good job!

7:40 PM  
Blogger thisisbeth said...

Oh, so I should probably scrap my post "Why the West Coast Sucks"? Good thing I have no intentions about writing a post like that...

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home