Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The difference between America and Korea

As Beth mentioned the other day in the comments of my post on the Korean baseball team, South Korea only has around 250 surnames. Obviously, this is different in America, what with our ethnic diversity and what have you. In some cases, however, people feel the need to go with diverse first names as well.
Sometimes, they just like to spell regular names in unusual ways. Such is the case of this handsome fellow:
Steffphon Pettigrew plays for Western Kentucky as a shooting guard. As far as I can tell, Mr. Pettigrew is a nice enough guy and a good contributor for the Hilltoppers. Also, the first F and the PH are silent.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

Oh no! I've been pronouncing the "ph" and neither f. I'm so embarassed!

I'm also annoyed with people purposely missplling names to be creative. It's a human, not an art project. /soapbox

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home