Monday, February 09, 2009

The WBC is coming!

The World Baseball Classic is just around the corner. I know some aren't fans of it, but I think it's great because I love baseball, and this is really just baseball for the sake of baseball. Players, I think, have learned their lesson from the previous incarnation of the WBC on the proper level of exertion (exert! it's a good substitute for Spring Training!), which will make this another fun event. Of course, my favorite team will again be Korea. Their roster includes:


Hei Chun Lee
Jae Woo Lee
Seung Ho Lee
Bum Ho Lee
Dae Ho Lee
Seung Yuop Lee
Byung Kyu Lee
Jin Young Lee
Jong Wook Lee
Taek Keyn Lee
Yongkyu Lee

At some point, I want this exchange.

"They are going to the bullpen and bringing in Seung Ho Lee."
"Wow, we haven't heard Lee's name much..."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

HAHAHA! Thats fantastic! $20 says they are not related to each other either!

4:03 PM  
Blogger thisisbeth said...

There are, according to Wikipedia, only about 250 family (last) names in use in Korea (both of 'em), and Lee is one of the most common.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home