Thursday, March 06, 2008

This time tomorrow, I'll... be sleeping. But then driving to Alabama.

On this, the day before I take off on another basketball related excursion, it pains me to note that both teams I saw in Louisiana were eliminated from postseason contention in the Sun Belt conference tournament. Denver fell to New Orleans 65-60 and Louisiana-Monroe lost at Middle Tennessee State, 74-69.
But this week, I'm going to a game featuring a couple of teams that definitely shouldn't lose in the first round of their conference tournament. Alabama State and Jackson State sit at first and third respectively in their conference. Even though the winner of the SWAC will likely get a 16 seed, or even worse, a trip to the play-in game, they will still make the tournament, which is better than what can be said for the competitors in the previous game.
It's senior night in Montgomery, the final regular season game of the year for both teams, then its on to the SWAC tournament in Birmingham, where, if things go well, we could see another matchup of the two teams before one of them takes on the MEAC champion in Dayton.
(This trip will be a 4 day sojourn, and I will likely be making most of the posts along the way. Beth is in later this morning, though, and my post Friday will be from Paducah, Kentucky)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home