Thursday, February 28, 2008

Baseball baseball baseball baseball!

I might be excited for the Twins first spring-training game this afternoon. It’s been a long, cold, dark winter. I’m ready for spring, and this is close enough.

Plus, tomorrow is a free day! I love Leap Day.

In other news, Ryan brought up the NHL trade deadline. The Wild had a couple of needs: they needed someone to score goals. They needed forwards who were willing to be physical. They really needed a center, particularly one who could win face-offs. So, they addressed the physical forward part. Remember this post about the guy who holds the record for the longest suspension in the NHL? The jerk in question now plays for the Wild.

I have no words. (However, there was relief that Pierre-Marc Bouchard was not traded. I love the little guy, who is, admittedly still significantly taller than I am.)

The Timberwolves are 12-44. In lacrosse, the Swarm were defeated again last weekend so they have a 6-2 record; the Philadelphia Wings are 5-0 as the lone undefeated team. In hockey, former Minnesota Gopher goalie Kellen Briggs was invited to the Minnesota Wild’s AHL team for a professional try-out. I always liked Kellen. And did I mention baseball games start today? It’s true!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home