Sunday, January 06, 2008

Audience Participation: What's your favorite condiment?

The other day, I was enjoying some chop suey and it occurred to me that soy sauce might be one of my favorite condiments, and how come nobody ever brings it up in condiment related discussions (they happen more than you think)? Well, the question bugged me all week, to the point that I wanted to pose it to the world, even in the midst of the NFL playoffs. What, America, is your favorite condiment?
For the record, shortly after thinking about why soy sauce is so often misrepresented in the world of condiment debate, I remembered another condiment that I absolutely love. Ranch dressing. I put that on anything. Sandwiches, pizza crusts, potato wedges, and it will probably end up on my autopsy (cause of death? delicious, delicious Hidden Valley Ranch). That's probably why soy sauce doesn't get noticed as much. It's really a one trick pony. It goes on rice based dishes almost exclusively (although have you tried it on boiled carrots? To die for.) whereas others, like my ranch, are more versatile. For what it's worth, though I wouldn't put ranch on rice.
Actually....

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I would have to agree with the Ranch statement, I love it as well. I don't know if there is one condiment that goes better with everything, than Ranch. Coming in a close second, would have to be ketchup or catsup.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Sweet Baby Ray's Hot N' Spicy Barbecue Sauce. It's great on anything. After that I'd probably have to say Honey Mustard

10:04 PM  
Blogger thisisbeth said...

My favorite is probably mayo.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home