Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The NFL Review isn't going anywhere

Unfortunately for you, getting rid of my disjointed NFL reviews is not among the changes that will be made. Instead, you will get me paint fume inspired rant on various games I was actually able to watch over the course of the weekend. Aren't you lucky?

During the Colts-Titans game, every time they would hand the ball to Chris Brown, I would hear "Wall to Wall" and a DJ saying "Chris Brown". Am I the only one? Additionally, seeing Lendale White brought back memories of Keith Jackson calling his name during the 2006 Rose Bowl. Definitely the most exciting name in the league. Too bad Marvin Harrison can't be named Lendale White as well, because he actually makes exciting plays, and really, I can't think of a more boring name. I hope to see more of the Titans on TV this year. Anyways, The Colts beat the Titans and I couldn't be happier.

Any cause for optimism in the Minnesota Vikings camp was quickly expunged as Tavaris Jackson threw 4 interceptions against the Detroit Lions. To be fair though, the Vikings were destined to lose this game, as was further evidenced by John Kitna's miraculous recovery. After watching the Vikings now for two consecutive weeks, I'm happy that I'm working next weekend.

I really can't say enough about the Bears-Chiefs game. For the second straight week, the Bears put me to sleep for a much needed nap. Thanks Chicago! What I can surmise, however, is that the Bears are a lot like the Vikings, with a bad quarterback, a decent running game and a strong defense. The difference is that the Bears have a bad quarterback with experience and Devin Hester. Boy, I can't wait to see the first Bears-Vikes contest!

There was a brief time last week when everyone seemed convinced that the Patriots were winning because of their cheating ways. (By the way, what is it with Belichick and cheating anyways?) No no, the Patriots win because they have great players at every position. It helps that they played Norv Turner, who is a crappy coach. I wish we could go back and wipe out all of their wins because of cheating, but really, the Patriots have a higher level of talent than pretty much everyone. I hate them so much.

I think I'm going to have to admit that I screwed up on my picks. The Eagles look horrendous thus far. Of course, their loss to the Redskins shouldn't tell me a whole lot, because the Skins are never as bad as I want them to be. Even still, I'm not sure I want the Cowboys to be this much better than the best of the league.

OK, so I'm not writing the NFL review next week. But Steve is. So like I said. Not going anywhere.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Um...I do not see a recap of the Houston-Carolina game. Even though the Panthers lost, I think they deserve some props for making the Texans feel better about themselves and letting Matt Schaub think he is a great quarterback.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home