Monday, September 10, 2007

NFL Preview, AFC East

Holy crap! It's football in less than a month! You know what that means? That's right! It's time to lose most of my baseball fan readers by doing a whole lot of preview posts! 9 of them, to be exact! With even more exclamation points! ! !!!!

The AFC East has recently been the Patriots and everyone else. No reason to believe that it will be any different this year.

New England Patriots: The beauty of getting this preview up a week into the season is that I'm able to say without a doubt that this is the best Patriots team I've seen. Maybe ever. Keep in mind, the Patriots have three rings in the past 10 years. I can't think of a flaw they have. At least Randy Moss is there, so this may turn into an interesting team yet. Additionally, there are countless Tom Brady has several children on the way now.

Buffalo Bills: I would have had the Jets up here, but after watching them get decimated, I can't do that. The Bills are going to struggle late in the season though, as they are relying on Marshawn Lynch at running back, and rookies just never keep it up throughout the season. He'll breakdown in Week 13 and so too will the Bills. I must admit though that J.P. Losman is a better quarterback that I would have ever thought. I mean, the only other quarterback to come out of Tulane was Shaun King. (And I must extend my best wishes to Kevin Everett and his family while I'm on the subject of the Bills.)

Miami Dolphins: Oh yeah. The Jets looked so bad, I dropped them from 2nd to 4th. The Dolphins have a couple big play threats, and Ronnie Brown could finally break out. The offense isn't really the story though. A veteran defense will likely be what keeps the Dolphins in games. And don't mess with the kicker. Laces out!

New York Jets: Everything about the Jets is wrong right now. The quarterback is out. Thomas Jones won't be as good without a compliment (he hasn't succeeded as a single back anywhere else) and the defense is less than average. I'm sure the Jets fans won't mind a rebuilding year. New Yorkers are generally pretty patient.

So the Patriots should win this division without it being close. Unless Randy Moss goes insane. Championship preview tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your gun is digging into my hip!!

I found Mr. Winkie!!!

I'm in Psychoville and Finkle's the mayor!

HAHAHA Great movie reference.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home