Monday, September 17, 2007

Changes

A lot is said about the "voice" of a blog these days, which is essentially the tone a particular site takes, as well as the scope of their coverage. At least, that's my interpretation of the term. I've taken great care to tailor the "voice" of the Times to my dear readers. I try to avoid using naughty words, having a limited scope, or a devotion to any particular cause, even though the sites linked to are very successful with what they do. It works well for their sites, but again, they are not me, and theirs are not my readers (although if they are, thanks!).
I think this works for my readership, which is growing rapidly, thanks to several people, including, but not limited to Deadspin, Ballhype, Nyjer Please, and Barry Melrose Rocks (with whom I'm in a fantasy hockey league. We have a draft tonight. I'll keep you posted), and it has occurred to me that with my increasing readership, it may be a good idea to have something out there for my readers every day. Since that kind of workload would probably kill me if I wrote something as lengthy as I usually do, I'll be doing 3 things. First, I'm eliminating the Week in Review columns, and instead commenting on those little items as they happen. Second, I'm going to have a lot more little, posts, while keeping the same number of full length posts, like yesterday's Big Ten post. Third, I'm adding writers. I have one for sure, Steve, who I think I have mentioned before. There is another surprise in store that I'll reveal when all the kinks are worked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home