Monday, December 11, 2006

In 100 Years, You're Going to Be Dead, so Live Dangerously

If you've missed me, I'm terribly sorry. I've been EXTREMELY busy getting the other site, Victoria Weather, fully operational. In any case, I've made sure to keep up with the sporting world, especially when I should be paying attention at work. Less than two weeks left! Whew.

ITEM ONE: I feel like I should mention the Twins, as this blog has been pretty Twins free lately. Well, they went out this offseason and have signed Ken Harvey, former Kansas City Royals All-Star. Unfortunately, I think he has a good shot at making the Twins roster this year. In other news, the Twins search for a new inning eating pitcher seems to be pointing them towards Steve Trachsel. For heavens sake. If they wanted to do that, they should just sing me. I'll play for the league minimum, and I won't expect to make the roster next year, so you can work me as hard as you want.

ITEM TWO: A couple of hockey related links. First, it appears that Brandon Lloyd was lost early last week (look at the game notes at the bottom). There is so much that is funny about this that I can't even begin to crack punch lines. Also, George Parros is doing his best to get the Anaheim Ducks renamed the Blue Oyster Cult.

ITEM THREE: Of course, the local hockey team was hard to follow for most of us this week. They only had one game on local TV, with a game against the faceless Blackhawks on Versus, aka, the Lance Armstrong Channel, and the other game against the 'Hawks not on TV at all. Thankfully, there was a game against the Flames that managed to weasel its way onto the airwaves. It's a good thing that hockey isn't a big deal in Minnesota. And in any case, I'm sure fans were busy watching the Browns lose to the Steelers on another network that nobody around here gets. On the plus side, Pavol Demitra is back, Mark Parrish is scoring, and the Wild are on a three game win streak before their trip to Canada.

ITEM FOUR: Speaking of obscure TV, the Gophers were tapped for the Insight Bowl against Texas Tech which will be on the NFL Network, which is seen only by Rich Eisen's family. It's too bad, not because the game will be good, but I recommend never opting out of a chance to listen to a Mike Leach (coach of the Red Raiders) sound bite. For example: Mike Leach does the weather.

ITEM FIVE: I have virtually nothing else to say, but I want you to look at the roster for Delaware State's men's basketball team. Shine. Bright. Bluntt. Roundtree. It's like they want me to go watch Shaft stoned.

And on that note, I'll be off until tomorrow - Ryan

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

Re: Item 3. The games are usually on the radio. Now, one of the days they were on a station that you can only tune in approximately two feet from the station because the bigger sport in Minnesota--Gophers Men's Basketball--was on the main station.

But I got to go see the Wild on Saturday night, and it was good. MIKKO KOIVU!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home