Monday, December 04, 2006

This Week in Pictures

Before I get into my whole nonsensical spiel, listen up. A close friend of mine, and his friend have started a weather site. It's wonderful, and I expect you to patronize it. www.victoria-weather.com. Patronize! Now let's review the week in sports, with more links to picture than usual. Because I'm lazy.

ITEM ONE: No picture here. But I do want to address the whole BCS thing. A point has been made by a couple people lately, one by a website I wish I could remember, only because I like giving credit where credit is due, and again by Mike Gottfried, of all people. The BCS and the bowl system makes every game that much more important. I mean, can you imagine how lackluster the Michigan-Ohio State game could be if they were both already in the playoffs? This could be applied to any number of season ending rivalries, like Florida-Florida State. The conferences would lose money with an irrelevant championship game. And down the line, middling teams are still playing for a spot in a bowl game. Not bad things. As for this years game, I think Florida HAS proven themselves, whether anyone wants to believe that or not. Against a common opponent, Florida beat them (Vanderbilt) on the road. Top to bottom, the SEC was a better conference, with Michigan playing only 2 teams that were ranked at the time, while Florida played twice as many. While Florida struggled against Florida State, that's still more respectable than having tough games against Northwestern AND Ball State. So I'm ok with Florida-Ohio State. But if you want a tournament, I think Steve has the best idea.

ITEM TWO: A microcosm of the Wild's season: Two guys getting wiped out by Eric Lindros, playing in between concussions. At least Kim Johnsson is still healthy, keeping the PP huge for us.

ITEM THREE: Also from the world of hockey, I can't tell what is funniest about this picture. Is it that the last time I saw Andrew Alberts play was while he was in high school, meaning he couldn't scrap with anyone, or is it that someone I went to high school with is getting his ass kicked by a Ukranian?

ITEM FOUR: The Dan Monson era is over at Minnesota, and believe it or not, I say that was a good tenure for him. He did an excellent job reclaiming the program from the shambles it was in when he found it. Like it or not, college basketball isn't always about wins and losses. Now that it seems to be on the right track, however, those W's can come to the forefront again. Is Larry Eustachy doing anythng?

That's it. Pretty painless. - Ryan

2 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

MIKKO KOIVU!

Oh, like you didn't see THAT coming.

11:23 AM  
Blogger n95-team said...

come on

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home