Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Golf IS hard


The past two days of my little 4 day break, I have spent the time on golf courses in the greater Twin Cities metropolitan area. I usually take a cart, and I have to tell you, despite that, I am completely exhausted. My body is sore from the swinging, I'm totally sunburned, I'm mildly dehydrated, and having to get to tee times 45 minutes away from my place means I am a little overtired, what with the getting up before 8 on days off. I have a whole new respect for professional golfers.
Also, I am the master of the overtly comedic shots. I am a decent enough golfer for most of the game, but I fall apart in pretty spectacular fashion. I shot a 12 on one hole, because I couldn't hit it anywhere. I once lined a ball off an out of bounds post into a pond. The very next hole I smoked a tree... back into a pond. I 5 putted a hole today. Most people laugh at least once when they play with me.
It's a challenging game, but the fact of the matter is, I would love to play almost every day. Only 38 more years until retirement...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home