Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cooking with Ryan: Dirty Risotto

 One of my friends told me I should try a recipe from Giada de Laurentis, the Food Networks terrifyingly ecstatic chef. I mean, sure, she is a good looking young lady, but her energy level is a bit too high for me. Even in the scenes at the end of Giada at Home with her family, it seems like she is annoying the hell out of everyone. That said, the lady knows how to put together a meal.
Risotto is a one of the scarier dishes out of there for most people. It tastes good enough, but people find that it sounds like it's incredibly challenging. I'm here to tell you that it isn't. Sure, it takes a long time and you need to keep stirring it, but that's it. Just stir it. Well, keep adding the broth and wait for it to gt absorbed, but it's not that challenging, really. If you're patient.
I had some friends come over when I made it for a little potluck (I'm so domestic) but mostly because I wanted someone else to cook for me. My friend whipped up some chicken Parmesan, while another brought the ice cream. The risotto was pretty good, but I think I liked the chicken better, because I didn't spend an hour working at it.
So anyways, if you like risotto, don't be afraid to try making it. Unless Giada is directly involved, because that would put some fear into me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home