Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I want to do this

Look at her. That's Andrea Schoepp of Germany, skip of the German national curling team. She looks absolutely terrifying, and I'm sure she is, screaming at the top of her lungs in German like that. Having watched a little curling (more than a little, I guess) over the past few days, I have become mesmerized by the game. The gliding, the sliding, the gentle clink-clink-clink of the stones. I'm in.
The best part? I don't have to get in shape to do it, and I can compete until I'm 50 (or older). I think I can do it. First step: Find out who to compete for. See, the US is an established curling "powerhouse", so I need to find a country that doesn't have that curling prowess. On the other hand, I need to find a country with the means to get me to the Olympics. After about 13 minutes of thought, I have figured it out.
So, sorry America, but I am now Ryan Henning, curler for the Spanish national team. Viva Espana!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

Awesome. I look forward to seeing you compete in the 2014, 2018, 2022, 2026, 2030, 2034, 2038, 2042, and 2046 Winter Olympics. I assume by the 2050 Olympics you'll be busy yelling at kids to get off your lawn and won't have time for something as silly as the Olympics.

However, I think you should consider Norway as an option. Y'know, for the pants.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home