Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday's Action

Some quick hits:

  • The Boston Celtics held on this afternoon to eek out a Game 7 victory over the Cavaliers to move to the Eastern Finals. No team has ever begun the playoffs 0-6 on the road and won a title. The C's are eight wins away from doing that. However, I have to believe that Detroit is good enough to win one in Boston so the Celtics must figure this out, or else the 66-16 season goes down in flames, Doc Rivers is probably fired, and KG is cemented as a playoff non-performer.

  • The Flyers rolled over and played dead this afternoon, as the Pens crushed them 6-0 to finish the Eastern Finals and move on to their first Stanley Cup Finals since 1992, if memory serves correctly. I believe this was the East's last chance to get the Penguins while they're still young and able to be rattled. They remind me so much of those early '80s Edmonton teams, it's scary. It's also scary to think how good they could get and for how long they might dominate. My Rangers missed their chance this year. (Also, one of my major pet peeves is lazy/stupid headline writing -- and ESPN.com is pissing me off greatly with "Penguins March To Finals." Like the movie, March of the Penguins? Get it? GET IT?? Yes, ESPN, we get it. It's f-cking stupid.)


  • I shot a 46-46-92 at my course this afternoon, compiling the best 18 I've had on this course yet.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home