Sunday, November 18, 2007

Home from Saint Louis.

I made it out of St. Louis alive, although there was probably enough drank that I shouldn't be. It was good though, that I missed watching Purdue continue their downward slide into the abyss known as the Armed Forces Bowl because I was both too hungover and busy exploring the Gateway Arch.
A few brief things I thought were interesting from the trip. First, me and my friends spent some time at Ozzie Smith's restaurant, which was creatively names "Ozzie's". The best part, aside from the beer and the proximity to our hotel was that he had all of his Gold Gloves on display. It was fascinating to get a bit of baseball history mixed into what was a weekend intended entirely for drunken reminiscing.
Albert Pujols also has a restaurant near where we were staying, again creatively named, his named "Pujols 5". Albert has more of a sit down, candlelit type of restaurant, and the most curious item on the menu was calamari. Sure, Albert may love some calamari but really, how fresh is the squid in St. Louis? Needless to say, I had the chicken fettuccine.
Another night (last night, actually), we went to the Funny Bone comedy club and saw Tim Northern, who my friend Kent thought was absolutely hilarious. Now, Kent is typically quiet and reserved, but when he starts to laughing, it can be heard everywhere, and is completely infectious. As I said, Kent is usually quiet and reserved, and all weekend, we were writing his number on the receipt whenever we had a cute waitress. Imagine our surprise, then, when 3 girls decided to join us at Ozzie's because they heard Kent's furious giggling. This is all well and good, but the takeaway point is that the girls weren't too fond of me because, as they said, "you're kind of an asshole". Most would take this as an insult, however, everyone knows that sports bloggers pretty much universally are A-holes. Well, not all of them are, of course (Beth, fore example, certainly isn't) but some of the best are.
Perhaps I've finally made it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home