Sunday, October 15, 2006

Stoking My Own Ego.

There was a recent news report over on WCCO TV that said that most bloggers never make it past one post before they give it up and waste space on the internet. Well, I'm proud to say that I'm not one of those space wasters. This is my 100th post. I'm pretty proud of myself.
I think the Times has accomplished a few things here. Since the beginning of the blog, the readership has quadrupled (from 2 to 8), and I've been able to spout off about things that may only matter to me. I've been able to talk about the ridiculous and the serious, all the while being able to fit in some boring 9 part previews that I'm almost certain nobody read. I still enjoyed writing them, however. This afternoon, I'm going to celebrate this personal milestone by watching some football, and keeping my eye on Fred Smoot. It is the Vikings bye week, after all.
Now, if you'll indulge me, what are some things you've liked over the past 100 posts? Any favorites? What do you folks want to hear about in the future? And please, keep commenting, keep putting me in my place and tell your friends.
Over the next hundred posts, there's a couple of things I want to work on. A) More regularity and B) more partners. I've loved working with Steve since January '05, and I hope to continue doing so, however in the spirit of reliability and partnership, I would love to interact more with my fellow bloggers and commenters. So by all means, keep commenting and let me know if you have any reccomendations. Thanks again for reading. - Ryan

3 Comments:

Blogger dawnmarie said...

congrats, Ryan. Congrats.

9:44 PM  
Blogger thisisbeth said...

Congrats, Ryan!

I like your analysis of different sports. Obviously, baseball is my favorite, but I have passing interest in football and hockey (moreso hockey). Best of all is your unique ways of phrasing things.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

It's been some good times. If you count all of your posts on the old site, you're probably around 140. I've enjoyed working with you and the funniest part is we may have only spoken to each other 5 times or less since starting the old site last January, even though you lived upstairs from me for 5 of those months. I've definitely become a better typer to say the least

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home