Sunday, September 03, 2006

NFL Preview, Part 9: The postseason

So, I wrote out my playoff predictions after the division predictions and then I got my edition of ESPN the Magazine. Much to my chagrin, I have the same Super Bowl as them. So much for being creative, I guess. Anyways, here are my seedings and predictions for the playoffs, with a little prediction on both leagues.

AFC
Indianapolis
Baltimore
Miami
Kansas City
Cincinnati
New England

Wild Card: Cincinnati over Kansas City and Miami over New England
Divisional Round: Cincinnati over Indianapolis and Miami over Baltimore
AFC Championship: Miami over Cincinnati

I think both the Bengals and Dolphins are going to be dogged early by injuries and jail time, but by the end of the season, they will both be catching their rhythm. Even though they aren't going to be seeded the highest, I fully expect them to be the hottest teams come the post season. I also think that the Dolphins possess the better defense, which will sneak them into the Super Bowl.

NFC
Seattle
Carolina
New York
Chicago
Atlanta
Arizona

Wild Card: New York over Arizona and Chicago over Atlanta
Divisional round: Seattle over Chicago and Carolina over New York
Championship: Carolina over Seattle

Unlike the AFC, there are only a couple good teams in the NFC. There are two eminently superior teams, the Seahawks and Panthers, who will reach the championship game. I think this is the year that the Panthers sneak back to the big game.

Super Bowl
Carolina over Miami

No matter how good Miami is playing, they are still quarterbacked by Daunte Culpepper.

So that's it, that's the NFL season for you. I'll have a non football related post or two before I leave on Wednesday, but that's it for football. You may start commenting again. - Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home