Friday, April 22, 2011

OK, so there is one controllable problem

After I mentioned yesterday that the Twins had some issues related specifically to the fact that the a rampant case of dysentery is ravaging the team, I did realize I had to mention one issue the team has that is controllable:
.140/.196/.186. That is extraordinarily bad. And you know what? It's indefensible to keep him in the lineup. A topic I have harped on for the past year is that the team has a glut of fly ball pitchers, which makes a talented fielder who can't hit playing short about as useless as a manager who wants Francisco Liriano to pitch to contact. The other thing, of course, is that Alexi Casilla is actually a below average fielder by most metrics (J.J. Hardy over his career is actually well above average), so the first point should be rendered moot anyway.
Naturally, Casilla hit 2nd yesterday. I give up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home