Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Ryan's Random Road Trips, 2011

With my upcoming voyage to San Diego for the Colorado State-San Diego State game completing my 2010 road trip campaign (the first was to Cape Girardeau, Missouri, for a basketball game game between Southeast Missouri State and visiting Murray State), today was the day I drew my trips for 2011.
The two teams that I drew were a near statistical improbability to have drawn at all, let alone for the same calendar year. For those that don't remember, my picks are made by inputting all Division 1 basketball and football teams, NFL, MLB, and NHL teams into a computer program which will randomly select any one of those teams. After the teams are selected, I then have the same program randomly select a game (by number, depending on the length of their schedule. It skews heavily towards college basketball, and in fact, every year I have had at least one, if not two basketball games come up on the schedule. This year was no different. 1 basketball, 1 football game.
The first team that was drawn was a basketball squad who is often in the NCAA Tournament from the America East Conference. There is only 1 team from the entire state, and it was drawn:




Team one is the Vermont Catamounts! Game 13 was selected for them, which on the 2010-2011 schedule is a road game against Iona... However this falls in 2010. I'll have to wait for next year to find out exactly where and when the game will be. Vermont is one of 2 states (Maine being the other) with only 1 possible team to be selected. Even Alberta has more possible teams than Vermont, yet somehow the were the team chosen.

On to team two. The football game I am going to in the first week of November is a Mountain West contest between Colorado State and San Diego State. Either of those teams could again be in my plans as one of the remaining Mountain West teams was drawn:

The Wyoming Cowboys! Their 6th game on the season was selected, but that is relatively meaningless. The conference is getting dramatically changed next season, with BYU and Utah are leaving, while Boise State, Fresno State and Nevada are joining the conference, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Wyoming has only two teams, with the University of Wyoming basketball team being the other in the state.
This is a pretty fun set of teams, and it will be interesting to finally see who the opponents will be!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Loser Domi said...

ah man, I thought seeing the Catamounts meant you'd be coming my way...

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home