Friday, October 01, 2010

Cooking with Ryan: Southwestern potatoes

This was kind of a deconstructed baked potato is what it was. I sliced up the potato, threw the cheese, scallions and red peppers on it and threw it in the oven. After they were done, I threw some salsa and sour cream on top. Not too bad. Let me tell you about the fun little mistakes I made.
After I boiled the potatoes, I wanted to drain the hot water so they would cool before I peeled and sliced them, but I moved to quick to the sink and whoops! boiling water at my feet. I'm OK, but that didn't feel so great. Then, as I was pouring off the hot water one of the four potatoes I had boiled rolled out of the pot and directly down the drain. I lost an entire potato. The garbage disposal didn't appreciate it, and I couldn't pull it back out. A quarter of my starch was gone. Well done, Ryan. Anyways, I sliced my potato after peeling went OK, and a couple of those slices totally went rogue and hit the floor. It's like the potato didn't want to be eaten. Everything else went pretty well. It was a very simple recipe and was mostly very healthy, except for the gobs of sour cream I dumped on there.
The side dish I made was a bean and corn mixture, cooked with ranch dressing and cilantro. THAT was mighty tasty. You can take a peak at that below.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home