Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ugh, with the bunting

I have heard all the excuses, and there is no good reason that Joe Mauer should ever be bunting. Bunting is what a player does when he is terrible at baseball (see: certain little leaguers and Nick Punto) or what you are told to do by a manager who has no faith in his team to get base hits (Ron Gardenhire) or when there are 0 outs, a runner on second and its the bottom of the 9th in a tied ball game (good baseball strategy). I mean, Gardenhire didn't even tell Mauer to to do this. I'm baffled and saddened. At least they are winning this afternoon.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

Heh, I didn't read this before I wrote my post. As I point out, Punto is a career .248 hitter, and Mauer is hitting .258 in July. Therefore, the only reason we didn't expect a bunt is because we're denying that Mauer isn't hitting well.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home