Friday, May 28, 2010

*sigh*

I haven't been sleeping well lately, waking up way earlier than I want to. I usually need the radio to sleep, and I have it on KQRS, the classic rock station here in the Cities for those that don't know. Mountain helps me sleep. When I wake up in the middle of the night, it's the same thing. Turn on the radio, blissfully fall back asleep to the dulcet sounds of Bad Company.
Well, this morning I woke up at 7, which caused me to turn it on in the middle of the Morning Show, which is hosted by loud mouthed imbeciles. Usually, I have a problem with they overwhelmingly angry cynicism, racism and misogyny, but I have been blessed with a job that allows me to wake up after the show is over on most days. Today, I woke up not knowing what time it was and have a new reason to complain about the KQ Morning Show.
Their stupid is getting into my baseball.
Host Tom Barnard and PiPress sports guy Bob Sansevere were talking about the Twins and how disappointed they have been with Joe Mauer performance so far this season.
Jigga wha?!
Joe Mauer, the one who his hitting .338 with an OBP of .408 with an OPS+ of 140?! You are disappointed?! Why? Barnard (paraphrasing) said that "I know he is the home town kid and everything, but he's got to get it going" after Sansevere noted that Mauer has 22 RBI, putting him on pace for a paltry 76 on the season.
Ugh. If you are still using RBI as a gauge of the quality of a players performance, I simply don't have time for your stupidity. Again, most RBI, even from the greatest sluggers, come when a player drives someone else in. Therefore, Mauer's total has more to do with the fact that Denard Span got off to a slow start than anything. Mauer's still scoring plenty, because he is on base all the time (the only thing he really has power over).
As for the home run total, I'm not worried there either. Note that before last season, he less than 9 homers a season, on average, and only had the one huge power streak last season. If it makes you feel better, Joe is on pace for a career high in doubles, and that's pretty good too.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you are in any way disappointed in Mauer, you are a moron.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home