Monday, March 22, 2010

It's the Purdue Boilermakers, not the Purdue Hummels

Just a reminder... Losing one player does not render an entire team incompetent in any sport except perhaps football. Purdue was written off as doomed when Robbie Hummel went down, since he was a brilliant scorer, rebounder, defensive stalwart and leader.
The good news is, the best pure scorer, E'Twaun Moore was still playing. The best rebounder, Jajuan Johnson is still in the lineup. A solid defender in Chris Kramer is still there. In addition to Kramer, there is more senior leadership in Keaton Grant. That sounds like a pretty good team to me.
I was saying I would be disappointed if Purdue didn't reach the Elite 8. I still feel that way. I was enormously disappointed when they didn't show up against Minnesota, but I feel good that they will next Saturday against Duke. BTFU!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home