Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Vikings are jerks, and this is why I hate them


Since I moved to the new place, I started getting the daily paper. I love it. I always have something to read when nature calls, AND I can keep up with current events. Today's paper, the first I received, provided the first gem. It discussed the Metro Sports Commission's unveiling of a new stadium plan for the Vikings.
Guess what? The Wilfs, miffed that the Commission had the AUDACITY to ask the Vikings to extend their lease at the Metrodome, declined to attend or endorse this project. The stadium proposal, the most expensive version of two proposals, was 84 million dollars less expensive for the taxpayers of Minnesota than the one the Wilfs have proposed already. The Commission had an idea that would be more likely to be approved (because it's cheaper) and the Wilfs and the Vikings didn't bother to show up. What arrogant pricks.
This tells me one of three possible things.
A) The Vikings are dedicated to moving the team out of the state
B) The Vikings are dedicated to fleecing Minnesotans, even if they don't directly see the money
C) The ownership is petulant, arrogant and can't get over themselves enough to do what is best in any situation.
Frankly, I would like the Vikings a lot more if the Wilfs were not in charge. It's too bad, in away, that Minnesotans blindly love the Vikings as much as they do, because with all the warning signs of disingenuous owners, they still won't see it coming when the Vikings ship sails to another town.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home