Sunday, December 13, 2009

NFL Power Ranks: Week 13 & Beer Pong

So, I was on vacation all of last week. But, I was able to squeeze in the Week 13 power ranks before the Week 14 games (well most of them) started. Yep, I burned my last week of vacation for the year by visiting San Francisco and, of course, Vegas on the way home. As a life-long Niners fan, I made the pilgrimage to Candlestick Park, and even walked for a bit on the Candlestick Point trail. But more importantly, I drank...a lot. Whether it was our trip to wine country on Wednesday or our 2 nights in Vegas on Thursday and Friday, that was pretty much what my vacation revolved around. But it didn't stop there. Tonight (Saturday) one of my co-workers held his annual Christmas party, which involved beer pong. Needless to say, I kind of honed my skills in college at this fine sport, but it has been a while since I last played (about 2 years). Now that I am pushing 27 (crap, what happened?) I wasn't sure how I would fare. In my first 2 games, while I was relatively sober, I was terrible. I lost my first game, and only made a cup during the "rebuttal", and in the 2nd game, I didn't hit one cup all game and was the "gargoyle" for the next game. Yep, I had to sit under the table.

I needed redemption. Redemption is what I got. Especially since I live in Arizona. I needed to prove once and for all Big Ten dominance over a bunch of PAC-10 alums. Teaming with some dude I didn't know, and playing about 2 hours later with a lot more alcohol in my system, I caught fire, hitting 5 of the 6 cups in both of my next 2 games to cruise to easy wins. In the 3rd game, I hit 2 more, but lost to a player that was even hotter than me (5 cups in 7 shots!). Yes, I went from Gargoyle to MVP, and I'm damn proud of it.

As far as the ranks go, I don't feel like posting them all for the week, especially since the Steelers are about to plummet even more. So instead I'll just post the graphic. The Vikings dropped 2 spots to 5th after losing to the Cardinals, and the Packers moved up to 4th, while the Chargers took 3rd. The Raiders win finally got them out of the bottom 5, and they were replaced by the Redskins. The Steelers are now #23. Ouch.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home