Thursday, October 15, 2009

Take a look back in time


Steve is continuing to put our old posts from Is It Sports? over to this site. I want to point everyone to the April 2005 archive. I do this for two reasons. A) You may have noted that we aren't writing as much lately around here (unless you are Beth, who always brings her A game), but we are fully capable of putting out some thousand word posts. Second, and most important, check out the Mailbag post. In it, the following assertions were made.
Steve - Philip Rivers will be traded, perhaps to the 49ers for the 1st pick, and Drew Brees will stay in San Diego. Steve was not happy, as a 49er fan, because he would rather have Alex Smith with the # 1 pick.
Ryan - Rivers will stay, and Brees will go. Brees will end up on a team that needs a QB (eventually it was New Orleans, but I guessed Washington) and the 49ers would pick Braylon Edwards (wrong-o). Also, I said that Kyle Orton would get drafted by the Bears and hinted that he would be a failure for them.
I highlight this post specifically because I was hauntingly accurate and Steve was all wrong. The post before, naturally, was the one where I picked the White Sox to finish 4th when they won the World Series.. D'oh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home