Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let's go Hornets


The Play=in game between Alabama State and Morehead State is just underway from Dayton, Ohio. Many of you, I'm sure, have found your way to The Victoria Times because of the preview I wrote for Deadspin earlier today. If you're logical, you may be wondering why I have any stake in a SWAC school in Alabama.
Well, here's the story. Every year, i take a road trip to two games, any games nationwide. I think it's more fun if I come to that game at random, so I randomly ended up with a contest between the University of Denver and Louisiana-Monroe last year, as well as Alabama State and Jackson State in Montgomery. I went to Montgomery last March for that game after doing some research on the two schools and have been a fan ever since of the entire SWAC conference. How can you not be a fan of a guy named "Chief Kickingstallionsims"?
That was enough to get me the post on Deadspin. My idiocy in wanting to drive around watching small schools play sports.
If you were wondering, this year I haven't been to the games yet. I'm waiting until the beginning of next basketball season, where I will see Illinois-Chicago take on an as yet unnamed opponent in December. To change things up, I will also be going to a football game between Arkansas State and Western Kentucky the weekend before Thanksgiving.
Anyways, the game has started, the Hornets look like crap so far, but here's hoping they straighten things out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home