Monday, December 15, 2008

Gambling with the Victoria Times

This offseason, the Yankees have spent about 250 million dollars on C.C. Sabathia and A.J. Burnett. Also, amusingly, they are trying to trade for the Brewers' Mike Cameron, but whant the Brew Crew to take on part of his contract. Right.
But this is about the pitchers. They signed Sabathia, who the Brewers absolutely drove into the ground in the last few months of the year last season. Then there is A.J. Burnett, who went 18-10, but with an ERA in the 4's. And oh yeah, this was only his third healthy season in a 8 year career.
The question for our little wager? How many games, combined, will Burnett and Sabathia appear in this season (I say 22)? Second, who get's the blame if this happens? I say Sabathia and Burnett themselves.
If I ever create a t-shirt, winner gets a free t-shirt.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

Between the two of them, I guess 48 combined starts. I think Sabathia will stay healthy this year. Unless he's cared for properly, I think injury is at least a year away.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home