Saturday, May 24, 2008

Belated Cup predictions


We're a period into Game One, but frankly, I don't care. I'm still making my official Stanley Cup prediction now. Pittsburgh Penguins in 6. Not that I want that to happen. I find Sidney Crosby a little bit aggravating in sort of an Alex Rodriguez sort of way, if that makes sense, and I still can't forgive the Pens for annihilating the North Stars in 91. Also, the Red Wings no longer have Sergei Fedorov, who was my least favorite player in the league until he started to suck (it's Matt Cooke now), and they have Niklas Kronwall, who is an absolute delight to watch as he lights up inattentive forwards.
Getting right down to it though, the Pens and Wings are very similar teams, with elite young forwards and veteran defensive corps.This difference, though, is that the elite young forwards on the Pens are simply more talented than those on the Wings, and the defensemen with the Wings are simply, well, more veteran. So I would bet online for the Pens. The difference is going to be a younger, fresher more limber goalie in Marc-Andre Fleury than the geriatric Chris Osgood and Domenik Hasek. There you have it. Enjoy the games!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Whalers in 5!!!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home