Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Two pertinent questions

The first: I made some tweaks to the site, namely adding some more buddies to the blogroll (read their sites) and adding some more ads just under our banner. I'm not a huge fan of the ads, but with as much time as I sink into this site (at least 45 minutes a week) I figure I should make some money. The talented writers, Beth and Steve, deserve a cut too. In any event, the question that I have: Why was the first ad I ever saw on there simply titled "Meet Gay Men"? Is it because I use this picture too much?

Second, with it becoming more and more apparent that the Red Wings and Penguins will be meeting in the Stanley Cup Finals, who does the responsible Minnesota Sports fan cheer for? The Red Wings are commonly viewed as the Yankees of the NHL, even though they are more like the Cowboys, since their dominance has been interrupted and incomplete, and I'm pretty sure that some pop star is going to be dating Valtteri Filppula any day now. The Penguins, on the other hand, not only beat the Minnesota North Stars in the state's only time seeing a team in the Finals, but they embarrassed them, both on the ice and with their cruel, cruel words. Three things make me think that I will be pulling for the Red Wings. First, they will have dispatched the Stars in the Western Finals, which is sweet for Minnesotans. The North Stars were bastards for leaving us, and even worse for not letting Minnesota keep the North Star name. Then, there's Sidney Crosby, who will surely have about 15 more chances at the cup. Last, when push comes to shove, you always root for your own conference. So in that two week long Red Wings fan spirit: Hey Malkin! You lay on the ice like a little... You lay on the ice like a broad, Malkin!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

The first ads I saw were "Live by New Twins Stadium" and "Johan Santana Workout". I'll take that.

8:03 AM  
Blogger J Money said...

I was at Game 4 of the Rangers-Pens series at MSG and I just love the creative meanness of NY fans.... in line for beer there was a woman with short hair and boy-like body wearing a Crosby jersey. A couple guys from the back started heckling...

"Hey, you have Sidney's figure!"

"Ah, just tap her on the back, she'll fall right down..."

I love making fun of Sidney Crosby and his special ed-looking helmet wearing (high on his head).

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home