Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Which Craft Store not to send your kids to


OK, tomorrow, I totally promise to talk about the Bama State-Jackson State game (with video!), but I wanted to discuss something else.
Driving through southeastern Missouri, listening to a local oldies station (better than country/gospel/constant Linkin Park-Colbie Caillat looped "variety" stations) I heard a commercial for Michael's, the craft store, in which they were talking about a new children's program. They figured that every child had a knack for something creative, and they wanted to encourage growth in that area. A touching sentiment. I, for one, am plenty creative, but nobody should ever let me near scissors (even the children's protective variety) or paste. In any case guess what they named the program? (If you clicked the link to Michael's, I bet you already guessed. (I need to stop with the parentheses))
They call it the Knack.
Go ahead and hum a few bars of My Sharona. I know I did. Then, while driving through Iowa, I actually heard the song, and since there is nothing else to pay attention to between Waterloo and Mason City, I listened intently to the lyrics, and was mortified.
"Always get it up for the touch of the younger kind."
Wow. So, not saying anything, but.... uh... yeah.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

my god.

2:54 PM  
Blogger thisisbeth said...

Curse you! Getting that song stuck in my head is very, very evil! (Also, there's no such thing as too many parentheses.)

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home