Saturday, February 02, 2008

Odds and Ends

I meant to throw up a post yesterday with a few little tidbits, but frankly, I hit the bottle a little too hard. These things happen. So, here are the tidbits.

First, Johan Santana signed his extension with the Mets, if you hadn't heard. After hearing about the negotiations, like that he initially asked for 28 million a year and was a real stickler for a couple extra guaranteed years, I have to say, I think the haul we received was adequate. I'm beginning to suspect that the reported deals from the Red Sox and Yankees weren't even close to what was on the table, because if I was running a team, I wouldn't want to give up my top prospects for the chance to pay 30 million dollars a year for 7 years, especially for a pitcher, a position that generally has the most risk for injury. So, kudos, I suppose, for this deal Bill Smith. It was probably the best option in a bad situation.

Now, for those of you not at work, here is Chris Berman taking the Lord's name in vain, over and over and over again. Jesus! If he gets this worked up all the time, it's just a matter of time before he has a heart attack, isn't it?

Lastly, not really sports, but there is this story of a cabbie who got attacked by a passenger with an ax in north Minneapolis. Of course, they are now saying it was merely a hatchet instead of an ax, but it still begs the question, "Why would you let a guy with an ax in your cab?" The only thing I can think is that the guy had Bud Light. Or he was Maurice Clarett.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home