Saturday, February 02, 2008

Audience Participation: What was your last heartbreak?

The Johan Santana thing has people around here a little blue. It's not so much that he was traded away, which is something Minnesotans have dealt with in the past. Think Matt Lawton, who was a huge component to the Twins success when they began to turn it around. Then there was the whole deadline on getting traded, the insistence that he be dealt that soured people a bit on the whole situation, but we've seen people demand a trade, like Chuck Knoblauch. But Knobby was kind of a bastard, so it doesn't compare. Santana had an outgoing and likable personality, so to see him twist the arm like he did with the Twins definitely hurts. The situation dragged on so long, however, that most of us are glad that it's over than sad that he's gone. If I cared about the NBA in the least, the Kevin Garnett deal would likely sting a lot more.
But that really isn't my most recent, painful heartbreak. No, my heartbreak goes back to this play:
I don't want to talk about that play ever again. What was your most recent heartbreak? Spill some tears in the comments.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Super Bowl XXXVIII(38)....New England 32 - Carolina 29. Damn it! John Kasay kicks the ball out of bounds on the kickoff, right after the Panthers marched it down the field to tie it at 29. You give Tom Brady the ball on his 40 and at least 1:30 to play and its as good as over. Also, when you have "Captain Clutch" in Adam Vinatieri, that also helps. One of, if not, the best game I have ever seen(right in front of the the 2OT thriller in St. Louis the same postseason), still doesn't rank as one of the best Super Bowls among experts and fans, but I believe it was. That was as big of a heartbreak as I can remember. 14-10(Pats), going into the 4th, the Panthers outscored the Pats 19-18 in the 4th, but it wasn't quite enough. Later I can tell you about my next big heartbreak, my 7th grade love affair with a girl named Sarah, who proceeded to dump me for a 6th grader....6th grader!?!??!!? Crushed my world!!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home