Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dan Dierdorf is a filthy liar

I'd just like to add a little something from the weekend in the NFL. During the Broncos-Bears game, they cut away to James Brown who provided a 49ers-Cardinals highlight. Frank Gore decided to finally do something, and ran for a touchdown, which led to Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf having a little discussion about Gore. I paraphrase Mr. Dierdorf, "Fantasy football owners know Frank Gore. They LOVE Frank Gore." As an owner of Frank Gore in one fantasy league, I feel that I can speak for Frank Gore owners everywhere.
Dan Dierdorf, you are a filthy dirty liar.
At present, Gore, who was my 1st pick in the draft, is sitting on my bench, because I'm getting more productivity out of Maurice Jones-Drew and the other guy in that game, Edgerrin James. If Dierdorf had said fantasy owners loved Edge, I would be inclined to agree. Not only is Gore not among my top two running backs, he's not among the top 5 players on my team. Braylon Edwards and Chad Johnson who is having an awful year by his standard, has scored more points than Gore. Jon Freaking Kitna is more valuable on my team than Frank Gore. My first pick.
He is the 15th rated running back this season, behind luminaries such as Clinton Portis and Ronnie Brown, who hasn't played in several weeks. He's just ahead of Earnest Graham, who Tampa sought to replace with Michael Bennett. Michael Freaking Bennett! Fantasy owners love Earnest Graham, I'm sure.
So, Dan Dierdorf, no. Fantasy owners do NOT love Frank Gore. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I've never met him, and he's been a miserable disappointment for fantasy owners. So Dan Dierdorf, no more of your filthy lies.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the tragic passing of Sean Taylor. Two wishes for prayers and condolences in a week are two too many, but I pass them along to Taylor's friends and loved ones.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I'm thinking, hmm, football...but this Frank Gore name sounds familiar, so I'll keep reading.

I had to do a little checking, but yeah, it's familiar because he was also my first draft pick, and is last in points of my 3 running backs. Grr.

In other news, I probably should be paying more attention to my fantasy team. But then, I somehow managed to end up in 3rd place in my league this week, so perhaps I'll just stick to my minimal-involvement plan.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home