Monday, August 27, 2007

Early AM posting!

Since I'm preparing to work overnights at my Real Job, I'm up at 2 in the morning, ready and available to break off a post for you at this early hour. If things work out they way I hope they do, you'll have this post ready to be read bright and early before you go to work, and then you can discuss it with all your coworkers at the watercooler.

ITEM ONE: The Twins are going streaking! Joe Morgan, of all people had a good point about the Mets (this makes sense, trust me, just follow along) who haven't had a winning streak of longer than 4 games all year. He stated that it was a sign that they were consistent, which led to their status as NL East leaders. He's right. The Mets' consistency is enviable, while the Twins have been anything but consisten. A depressingly futile offense has given way to a potent attack that can actually score runs. The pitching staff has actually improved recently, meaning the Twins technically are a better team, but the fact that they need lengthy streaks like this to stay alive belies their overall team malaise. I don't think a word of what I just wrote makes any sense.

ITEM TWO: I should probably weigh in on the Michael Vick thing. I think dog fighting is bad.

ITEM THREE: As you can tell, it's been a pretty slow week. Don't believe me? Check out the "news" box from ESPN.com Sunday afternoon. Look at that for a minute. We have an article on Track and Field, the Cleveland Browns, golf, Major League Lacrosse and the kicker, two on open wheeled racing. These guys can't wait until football season starts..

ITEM FOUR: We did recently enjoy one of the greatest Little League World Series competitions in some time. It seemed like every night I caught highlights there were two or three walk off homers. The funniest part for me is how many people have said that they enjoy it because of the kids and the emotion they display. Essentially, they are saying they like the Little League World Series because they enjoy watching little boys cry. It's not like grownups can cry, otherwise the Orioles surely would have been bawling last Thursday. (I like the headline. Understatement of the century.)

ITEM FIVE: Speaking of crying, I personally believe that some U.S. Americans cry because they don't have maps. Such as... uh, South Africa and Iraq.

I'm out of irrelevant things to say for the morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

There's no crying in baseball!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home