Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A fairly informationless NFL recap.

I'll be totally honest with you. Thanks to a trip to the bowling lanes and, you know, Christmas, I'm not really up on what happened in Week 16, but I'll do my best with this little review of what I did actually see.

This is how bad the Vikings-Packers game was on Thursday. I watched more of Troy-Rice in the New Orleans Bowl. It was simply an awful game, with Bryant Gumbel adding to the torture. I don't want to talk about it any more, as I'm already on the verge of tears.

It's a good thing for gamblers that the Jacksonville Jaguars aren't going to the playoffs. Sometimes, when you watch them, they look absolutely unstoppable. Their running game is very talented with Fred Taylor (who was injured against the Patriots) and Maurice Jones-Drew and their defense looks nearly impenetrable sometimes. Unless you hand it off to Laurence Maroney, I guess. But then, of course, you put them in the road whites, and they look awful. Or, you let them play at home against the Patriots. I don't get the Jags, and I'm rather pleased that they won't be entertaining us in the postseason.

I think the real reason that the Saints mopped up with the Giants was because they thought it was a home game in Giants stadium, given the scenario that played out last year. Seriously though, New Orleans has proved to us what fantasy owners have known all along. You only win if you have two really good backs. Come to think of it, Reggie Bush has never really carried the entire rushing load for his team, even in college. Hmm....

For not beating the Broncos, who didn't get in full practices due to the weather, the Bengals shouldn't get into the playoffs this year or next. That's just unacceptable. It shouldn't have come down to a missed extra point, because the Bengals should have been simply dominating Denver. Instead, they decided to botch the entire game and let Jay Cutler receive undeserved praise. I can't tell you how much this bothers me.

I was unable to see Tony Romo get completely depantsed by Philadelphia, which is too bad, because I already dislike him with alarming intensity. I was able to see New York beat Miami on Christmas, which is a lucky break, since I was tired an needed a nap. Have you ever seen commentators openly bash a winning quarterback like what was done with Chad Pennington? So the guy doesn't have the strongest arm. Wow. Just leave the guy alone already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home