Monday, November 06, 2006

The Sweet Release of Seagrams 7

Most of Saturday I was enduring wedding related activities, getting ready for the wedding, attending the wedding, and getting plowed at the reception. I desperately wanted to come home and watch football or the Wild game, but my parents insisted that I stick around. I made the best of my unfortunate situation and shotgunned 7 & 7's until I couldn't feel my face. (Note: Not recommended for people under 21 or under 200 pounds) I fenerally made an ass of myself to the point that my brother took me home. The point is, I don't remember what happened for much of last week, and especially not Saturday. I'll keep this brief.

ITEM ONE: Francisco Liriano went under the knife. No doubt this will help him in the long run, but the Twins rotation has the potential to be in rough shape for a few years if there are no veteran starters added and the youngsters don't continue to develop. Of course, I expect Bonser to be a stalwart and still hold out hope for Scott Baker. The most troubling aspect, however, is that Terry Ryan may be more reluctant to deal away a young pitcher, limiting the options for patching some holes. I'm not overly worried, but I am concerned.

ITEM TWO: I can say one thing about the Wild, but nothing specifically about the games, because I've already talked about the game against Vancouver, and as I mentioned, couldn't even see straight during the game Saturday against the Predators. The only thing I can note is that the Wild seems to have completely overhauled their strategy, and thus far, it seems to be working. They are now aggressively offensive, much like Rush Limbaugh, but likeable. Even their defensive additions of Petteri Nummelin and Kim "The PP is huge for me" Johnsson are guys that love jumping up in the action. So far this season, Minnesota isn't getting beat, they're getting out scored.

ITEM THREE: I don't want to sound like a horrible person, but I think, just because it's so inane, that anti-Semitism is ridiculous. Last Friday, Chevy Chase starred in one of those "ripped from the headlines" episodes of Law and Order that was derived from the Mel Gibson incident. I laughed several times, just because I was reminded of how stupid hating Jews is. (That's the Victoria Times: definitely Pro Jews).

ITEM FOUR: Is everyone familiar with the 80's supergroup, the Travelling Wilburys? It's was a little musical outfit with George Harrison, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Jeff Lynne, and Roy Orbison as it's members. I'm blown away by that arrangement, and I'm wondering if it could be done again today. So I thought about who from today's era would be fit to be included in a group like that, if say, there existed a Travelling Victoria Timeses. My thoughts, initially: Stephen Tyler, Dave Matthews, John Mayer, Brandon Flowers and Billie Joe Armstrong. What are you're thoughts?

ITEM FIVE: I know I promised to avoid politics, but with tomorrow being election day, I can't keep quiet. If you haven't already, I just have one request before you head to the polls (or not, it's your perrogative). Please, find out about the candidates running in the pertinant races to your precincts. Don't vote blind, or stay at home because you don't want to vote. Vote with some idea of what you want to accomplish, or stay at home because you don't think any candidates can accomplish what you wish.

And I'm done being heavy handed for this week - Ryan

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

Pleaseohpleaseohplease let Scott Baker come back to form this year.

And, uh, let Liriano return to health.

I [heart] the Wild penalty kill unit this year so far.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home