Tuesday, September 05, 2006

News/Notes

Football season is almost here, and I couldn't be happier. I would say I'm even happier than Brooks Bollinger. Or Phil Nevin, both new additions to the Minnesota sports scene. And I will be enjoying the first week from New Mexico, so I wanted to throw a couple thoughts out there before I leave for the week.

First, since I picked Blackburn as my Premiership team, the league hasn't played at all, instead pausing while Euro Cup qualifying was ongoing. They'll play next week. So now, the reason for their being my team. They have my favorite player, Norwegian Morten Garnst Pedersen, whom I discovered on an EA sports game. So that's somewhat embarrassing, but I don't care. The other reason? They aren't from London.

Really quickly, I want to say that the Twins are in a lot better shape than people think, which is a scary statement to make about the Wild Card Leader. They have the best starter and the best bullpen in the league, as well as a good middle of the lineup, which can be a murderers row when certain people (Torii Hunter) get hot. I like their chances. But I sholuldn't say that, because pessimism and cynicism should reign supreme here.

Now, while I'm gone, The Maverick from The Whirlwind of Doom will be making a guest appearance here. In the meantime, please keep checking with Is It Sports? and have a safe and happy week. - Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home